Face the awkward

I witnessed an experience recently where a few people weren't willing to face the awkwardness or the feeling of being uncomfortable.  They avoided it and talked about it, but never did it. 

We would rather avoid "difficult/awkward" conversations than just face it and feel awkward.  IT'S JUST A FEELING. 

So I offer two words, Just ask.

If you aren't sure of something, just ask.  If you have heard something about someone and you aren't sure instead of asking your friend or neighbor go to the source and, just ask.

If you are curious about your teenager doing something you don't think is "good", just ask.  

I like to preface my "awkward" conversations with the a few phrases such as:

๐Ÿ‘‰๐ŸผHelp me understand

๐Ÿ‘‰๐ŸผThis is kind of uncomfortable but...

๐Ÿ‘‰๐ŸผI have heard... I just want to clarify.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐ŸผI am trying to be more honest in my life and...

๐Ÿ‘‰๐ŸผI'm not sure how to say this...

We would free ourselves of so much mind drama if we'd simply just ask.

Our relationships would be so much better if we'd just ask.

Having great relationships can be easier than you think, and the great part is that the other person doesn't need to do anything.  A relationship can dramatically improve with just you. 

Want a great relationship with your teen?  I want that for you too.  Click HERE to sign up for a free relationship audit and learn how.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A child's behavior is not a sign of who they are.

How to have less sibling fights in your home

3 steps for less fighting and yelling at home