Coaching the 3rd C in not fighting with your kids

Coaching is KEY to not fighting with your kids. 

Coaching YOURSELF.

When I am in control of my emotions I act instead of react. 

I don't fight. 

I am not perfect at this, but have gotten SO much better as I have practiced: coaching myself, getting coaching, meditation, reading, praying etc.

Today I want to offer you one thing you can do today to start coaching yourself.

#1  Write down EVERYTHING you are thinking.  

I tend to do this when I am feeling negatively about one of my kids.  What I write often is not nice that's why I'm feeling negative.  I don't want my child to see this, but it's important to be honest with yourself and bring it all up and not judge yourself for it.  

After you have written it all down ask yourself WHY AM I CHOOSING to think this?  I know it doesn't feel like I'm choosing it, but I am.  

When things are a choice sometimes it's easier to let go.  

So after I have written down my current thoughts about my child I then question those thoughts.  For example:
THOUGHT: He's always such a brat?
QUESTION is he always a brat?  What does being a brat even mean?  When are times that he's not a brat?

I know this takes time.  I usually like to set a timer for 10 min. to go through this.  It's not always "fixed" when I'm done, but I feel so much better.  I can usually conclude some thought that feels true and feels better.  

For example: he doesn't mean to be difficult, he just doesn't know any other way.

I often get coached which is always beneficial.  

Starting to coach yourself will improve every relationship you have.  

Have a great day.
Megan

PS👇🏻👇🏻

I'm teaching a four part parenting series starting January 10 to help you learn to never fight with your kids again.  I will teach you more in each of these areas so that you will have the skills to never fight again.  It's only $87
The parenting C'crets

  • Connection
  • Communication
  • Confidence
  • Coaching

To get on the interest list click here.  If you have questions reply to this or send me a direct message on Instagram by clicking here.

xoxo,
Megan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A child's behavior is not a sign of who they are.

How to have less sibling fights in your home

3 steps for less fighting and yelling at home