Parenting made EASIER.

We ask ourselves questions all the time.

A lot of time we don't answer the questions.

Often they are poor questions we are asking.  

So, set a timer for 5-10 min. and start writing.  

  1. What kind of mom do I want to be?
  2. How can I have more fun with my kids?
  3. How can I connect with my kids?
  4. What kind of mom do I want to be when my child yells at me, talks back, whines, forgets to put away their stuff, etc.?  Being specific will help us actually respond instead of react.
  5. What are the parameters that I set to know I'm a "good mom".
  6. How can I measure if I'm making progress?
  7. What rules/expectations do I want to follow through with?
  8. What does my child need when he/she is having a tantrum?
  9. What was my child feeling right before he/she yelled?
  10. What do I need so I can be calm and respond instead of react?
If you take time to answer these, I know you will see results in your family.  Being a parent is hard, and there isn't one right way.  BUT, when we feel like we are being the kind of parent we want to be and handling things how we want then when our kids think we are, "being so mean"  it and it won't affect us as much because we know it's not true.  It's so freeing.  

This work is so important and has made having teens easier.  I was always so scared to have teens, but not anymore.  It's more fun than I thought it could be.  I feel more confident, calm, hopeful, and much more.  If you want more of this I can help.  I'm happy to chat send me a message on IG HERE

Take care,
Megan 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A child's behavior is not a sign of who they are.

How to have less sibling fights in your home

3 steps for less fighting and yelling at home