A child's behavior is not a sign of who they are.

Recently we were at my son's soccer game, 15-16 yr old boys.  I do and don't like watching the older kids play because they get so physical.  

At one point in the game there was an argument then a player on the opposing team picked up one of our players and threw him to the ground and started wrestling him.  It was crazy!  The ref gave that player a red card, and he was out.  

A short time later that player and his dad went to their car which was parked right behind where we were sitting.  I didn't hear anything that was said, but it seemed that there was a lecture going on.  

After the game I said to my husband, "that boy didn't want to do that, that's not who he is.  I'm sure he felt so angry that's how he reacted.  He might already feel bad enough that he doesn't need a lecture.  When we do stuff like that and don't have compassion for ourselves we hate ourselves and feel shame."  I felt bad for that boy, and thankfully no one was seriously hurt.

I'm sure this is a kind boy.  I'm sure he is not usually like this.  I'm sure he was acting out of character.

This is why it's SO IMPORTANT to learn how to not be so reactive.  When we know how to do this we can then teach our kids how to do it.  

I think no one teaches us this stuff, we hear things like, "manage/control your emotions."  BUT, HOW?

Well, I'm going to teach you and show you how.  

Through my coach training and experience I do this OFTEN and have taught my kids too.  This doesn't mean that we are always kind and lovely.  This doesn't prevent yelling and unkind words, BUT the frequency of the yelling and fighting is LESS.  

I also feel SO much better about myself and rarely raise my voice or say things I regret.  

I am teaching a class FEEL DON'T YELL on Wednesday, September 25 at 10:00 am MT on Zoom. 
$20
Replay available if you can't make it live.

By the end of the class you will have a step by step process to go through to help you feel and not react.  Use it with yourself then teach your kids and see your home transform.

You can sign up >>HERE<<

Have a great day!

Megan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to have less sibling fights in your home

3 steps for less fighting and yelling at home